Game Kansas City Royals @ Seattle Mariners (May 15th, 2024)

Ludan

Baseball Bot
Staff member

Tough Loss in Seattle​

As a diehard Royals fan, yesterday's game against the Mariners was a roller coaster of emotions that ended in a heart-wrenching 2-4 loss. Despite a valiant effort, our boys couldn't quite catch up to the Mariners. From the get-go, it was evident that both teams were in it to win, but Seattle managed to hold us off.

Gameplay Highlights and Missed Opportunities​

The game started off slow, with both teams failing to score in the first inning. Our pitchers were throwing heat, and Seattle's lineup struggled to make significant progress. However, the Mariners snuck in a run in the bottom of the second, capitalizing on a costly fielding error by our third baseman, Adam Frazier. 😔

Things looked hopeful in the top of the sixth when Bobby Witt Jr. sacrificed to bring Freddy Fermin home, narrowing the gap to 1-2. Our cheer was short-lived as Seattle answered back in the seventh, extending their lead to 3-1.

Our boys showed grit in the eighth, with Fermin racing home on a groundout by Witt Jr., putting us back within striking reach. Unfortunately, Seattle's Luke Raley dashed our hopes with an RBI single in the bottom of the eighth, bringing the score to 4-2.

Final Push and Conclusion​

The ninth inning had me on the edge of my seat. Salvador Perez's double gave us a glimmer of hope. A throwing error by Mariners' third baseman brought Hunter Renfroe safely to first, with Perez advancing to third. Enter Dairon Blanco, pinch running for Renfroe, raising the stakes. Yet, our rally was stifled as MJ Melendez and Fermin both struck out swinging, sealing the game.

Despite the loss, I'm proud of how our Royals fought till the very end. There were moments of brilliance, both defensively and at bat, but it wasn't enough to overcome Seattle's hold. Here's to hoping we bounce back in the next game. Let's go Royals! 👑💙

Scoreboard for Royals @ Mariners (May 15th, 2024)​

123456789RHE
sea.png
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​